Finance and Accounting Degrees Offered at Auburn University
Auburn University is also featured in our ranking of the Top 35 Online Master’s in Accounting Degree Programs.
For individuals interested in studying finance, Auburn University has three different degree options.
- The bachelor’s in finance degree provides students with the foundational knowledge of handling financial budgets and providing financial advice within the public and private sectors. This degree program will introduce students to various topics, such as corporate finance, financial institutions and markets, and investments. The following courses are commonly chosen by students in the undergraduate finance program: Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Professional Development in Finance, Principles of Business Finance, Advanced Business Finance, Investments, Financial Modeling, and more. Full-time students can expect to complete this degree program in four years.
- The Master of Science (M.S.) in Finance is an advanced degree that can be accessed fully online or in traditional classes on campus. This 31-credit degree program teaches students the different areas of finance, such as corporate, investments, and financial institutions and markets. The program educates individuals to become successful professionals who are fully capable of providing financial advice to clients and businesses. The following courses are required to complete this program: Applied Management, Financial Analysis, Cost Analysis and Systems, Multinational Financial Management, Financial Engineering, Advanced Investments, Security Analysis and Management, and more. Full-time students may earn this degree within two years.
- The Ph.D. in Business with a concentration in finance is centered around the aspects of research and teaching. Students will become equipped with the knowledge and skills to begin careers conducting research and teaching students about business and finances. Before graduating, students will participate in an important research project with one of their professors. This will provide them with a hands-on learning experience that they can apply to the workplace. The following are some of the required courses to earn this degree: Financial Analysis, Theory of Finance, Corporate Finance, Investments, Financial Markets and Institutions, and more. The majority of students graduate from the Ph.D. program in a time frame of five years.
Individuals looking to study accounting may pursue three different degree options at this university.
- The bachelor’s in accounting degree focuses on teaching individuals the necessary accounting procedures, theories, and practices. Professors of this program will help guide students in becoming exceptional professionals in the accounting field. This degree also integrates several business courses to provide students with the necessary skills to become great assets to companies and businesses. The following courses are frequently chosen by students in the program: Financial Accounting, Business Law, Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Accounting Analytics, Income Tax, Professional Development in Accounting, Auditing & Assurance Services, and more.
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in accountancy is directed toward individuals who are interested in earning a second degree. This degree is offered online only, and it meets the educational requirements for students to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. The following are a few of the required courses to graduate from this program: Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, Accounting Analytics, Auditing & Assurance Services, Income Tax, Government & Not-For-Profit Accounting, Advanced Business Law, and more.
- The Master of Accountancy can be accessed completely online or on campus by students interested in earning an advanced education in accounting. Students in this program are taught technical, research, and communication skills, which are necessary tools to succeed in the modern-day accounting field. This 30-credit degree program guides students through the practices, theories, and procedures to become successful accounting professionals in various businesses and organizations. The following are several of the mandatory courses in this program: Advanced Auditing & Assurance Services, Research in Accounting, Federal Tax Research, Integrated Accounting Applications, Government & Not-For-Profit Accounting, Corporate Governance & Accounting Ethics, and more. Full-time students may complete this degree in as quickly as two years.
About Auburn University
Auburn University is a public university that was established in 1856. It is located in Auburn, Alabama and possesses a graduation rate of 77 percent. This university is considered large with an undergraduate population of 24,628 and a campus stretching across 1,875 acres of land. According to U.S. News & World Report, Auburn University recently ranked 27th for best first-year experiences, 44th for top public schools, 59th for best undergraduate research/creative projects, 69th for best colleges for veterans, and 104th for best universities in the nation. On Niche, this university ranked first for best colleges in the state of Alabama, 16th for best college athletics in the United States, 34th for best student life in America, 40th for top public universities in the United States, and 47th for best colleges for accounting and finance majors in America.
Students attending this school have the opportunity to join the popular Greek system, 500 student clubs and organizations, and various athletic sports. Auburn University’s sports teams participate in the NCAA Division 1 Southeastern Conference. They are known as the Tigers, and the mascot is “Aubie the Tiger.”
Auburn University Accreditation Details
Auburn University has received its accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). The SACS is a regional accrediting agency that is responsible for providing accreditation to colleges and universities located in its specific region.
Additionally, the School of Accountancy has received supplemental accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. By receiving this additional accreditation, students are guaranteed a high-quality education and the skills to succeed in the accounting field.
Auburn University Application Requirements
With an acceptance rate of 84 percent, Auburn University is considered slightly competitive. The undergraduate application process consists of filling out an application form, paying the $50 application fee, turning in high school or college transcripts, and submitting ACT or SAT test scores.
The graduate application process involves filling out an application form, paying the $60 application fee, turning in three letters of recommendation, and submitting college transcripts.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Undergraduate and graduate students who are Alabama residents are required to pay $5,898 in tuition each semester, whereas out-of-state undergraduate and graduate students are required to pay $15,978 in tuition each semester.
Auburn University offers many different scholarships to its undergraduate students with a demonstrated need for financial assistance. The two scholarships offered to accounting students each year are the C.G. Mills Endowed Scholarship Accounting and the KPMG Endowed Scholarship Accounting. There are 16 different scholarships provided to students majoring in finance. A few of these scholarships are Alabama Young Bankers Endowed Scholarship, Curtis S. Feemster Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Daniel E. Page Endowed Scholarship, David J. Pindzola Endowed Scholarship, Dean’s Honorary Annual Scholarship, J. Blacksher White-Spunner Fund for Excellence, and more.
Graduate students are offered the opportunity of participating in an assistantship, which requires assisting a professor or other faculty member for a certain number of hours each week. The assistantship may cover part of the student’s tuition and provide a stipend to live on.
For more information about finance and accounting degrees, please visit the website of Auburn University.